Elementary Mind Missions, LLC (also doing business as “Mind Missions”) is committed to the privacy and protection of your information. We want you to both understand and feel assured by the practices we use to safeguard the information you provide to Mind Missions’ websites, including our content delivery web application and our company/e-commerce website.
Basics of our Policy
- We collect the minimum information needed to provide users access and support.
- We do not market nor advertise to students.
- We do not collect any student information.
- We do not sell nor distribute the information of any user.
Student Interaction with our Websites
No student information is collected nor required to access our content. Students access our content by entering a randomized code generated by their teacher for the lesson selected. Teachers are obligated by our Digital Content Agreement to ensure only their students use their randomized code to access our content.
Information Collected from Teachers, Administrators, and Other Adult Users
Personal Information: When you sign up for an account, submit a support request, make a purchase, or otherwise contact Mind Missions, you may provide Mind Missions with “personally identifiable information” such as your full name and email address. Mind Missions collects as little information as possible to facilitate your usage of Mind Missions’ websites. You should be aware that any personal information that is voluntarily posted by you to a public area of this Website may be viewed and used by other users.
How it is used: The personal information that you provide to Mind Missions may be stored, processed, and used by Mind Missions as follows:
- to respond to your comments, requests for information, and inquiries
- to help administer and protect the security or integrity of Mind Missions’ websites
- to process online purchases
- to permit access and use by users of our content delivery web application
- for marketing and promotional purposes, including, without limitation, sending newsletters.
Users have the option at any time to remove their information from our database in order to stop receiving communications or our services. We do not share, sell, nor lease personal information about you to any third parties for their marketing use. School or district information remains the exclusive property of the school or district while it stored in a Mind Missions database. With respect to Mind Missions’ content delivery web application, Mind Missions will remove all teacher and administrator accounts and content upon teacher, school or district request.
Non-personal Information Collected from Users
Non-personal information: As part of the standard operation of Mind Missions’ websites, we passively collect certain non-personal information from all users including, but not limited to, the browser type (e.g., Edge, Safari or Chrome), operating system (e.g., Windows or MacOS), Internet Service Provider, IP address, and the domain name from which a user accessed the website. In addition, we may collect information about browsing behavior, such as the date and time a user visited our websites, the areas or pages of our websites that were visited, the amount of time spent viewing our websites, and the number of times a user returned to our websites. Mind Missions uses this non-personal information only to support the internal operations of our websites, including the efficacy of our corporate website for marketing purposes.
A cookie is a persistent identifier. It is a bit of information (a small text file) that is stored on a user’s hard drive that enables the server to recognize your computer when it visits again.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. If you prefer not to accept cookies, you can set your web browser to reject them or to alert you before one is placed.
Third-Parties and Disclosure Exceptions
Mind Missions engages third-party suppliers to provide various services relating to Mind Missions’ websites, including hosting and data storage, analytics, and development services. To protect user privacy, we do not authorize our vendors to retain, disclose, or share any of our users’ information. Mind Missions uses the following third party services:
- WordPress: Website development, hosting and e-commerce store
- Blue Flamingo: Content delivery web application development and hosting
- Vitrium: Content Digital Rights Management
- ClassLink: Single Sign On (SSO)
- Clever: Single Sign On (SSO)
- PayPal: E-commerce payment processing
- Nimble: Customer Relationship Management
- MailChimp: Sending emails to users
- GPS Fulfillment: Physical product order processing
Please contact us with any questions about Mind Missions’ third-party suppliers.
Disclosure Exceptions: Notwithstanding the above policies, we reserve the right to disclose your personal information to appropriate third parties if we are required to do so by law or we believe that such action is necessary:
- to comply with legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order;
- to protect Mind Missions’s rights or defend against legal claims;
- to protect any other party’s rights, property and safety;
- to report to any law enforcement agency any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful;
- to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving harassment, abusive messages or potential threats to the physical safety of any person.
To protect the privacy of users’ information, Mind Missions employs controls, including limiting data collected and saving only the minimum amount of information needed to perform tasks. Also, role-based access to data with the minimum amount of access needed to complete work is granted to both internal staff and customer users.
Unfortunately, no electronic communication over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to take great care to protect your personal information, Mind Missions cannot warrant the security of any information that you submit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Remember to sign out and close your browser window when you are finished using a Mind Missions website to ensure that others cannot pose as you online.
Links to Other Websites
Mind Missions’ websites may contain links to other third-party websites. While we try to link only to third-party websites that share our respect for privacy, our policy and privacy practices do not extend to and may differ from third-party websites that can be accessed through links on Mind Missions’ websites. We are not responsible for the content, security or privacy practices employed by other third-party websites. If you are concerned, please consider the privacy policies on the third-party website before registering with or navigating those sites.
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy or if you would like to review, update and delete any information that you have provided to us, please contact us at:
Elementary Mind Missions, LLC
Ty Gallander, VP of Operations
P.O. Box 463
Rockwall, TX 75087
or Contact Us
Changes to this Policy
Mind Missions may modify this policy from time to time. We encourage you to review the policy regularly for any changes. However, Mind Missions will not change how it uses your information or reduce your rights under this policy without providing notice and requiring your consent to the changes.
Effective: December 17, 2020